When Chris and I had the chance to spend a few days in Strasbourg while Couchsurfing with a friend, we took it. We had already been backpacking in Strasbourg a few weeks prior, so for this trip we concerned ourselves less with running around and seeing all of the sights. Instead, we found ourselves relaxing in several different parks, catching up on some reading and soaking up some welcome summer sun.
Grand total of things done on our first day in Strasbourg:
1. Walked downtown, stocked up on some art supplies and ogled new camping gear at the outdoors store
2. Enjoyed a farmers market in front of the cathedral
3. Reminded ourselves why the Strasbourg church is so awesome
4. Relaxed in a park (I sat in front of this statue for about two hours)
5. Got really excited about seeing actual Alsace storks
Grand total of things done on our second day in Strasbourg:
1. Walked to the European Council building, admired the flags
2. Sat in a small park downtown and enjoyed the music of this street musician (I sketched while Chris read)
3. Decided that we needed a change of view, so we went to a different park where we sat for several more hours
4. Enjoyed a lovely evening with our friend before our early-morning departure the next day!
Nomadic Vignette is a blog about a traveling girl nomad and her travel sketchbook as she and her husband explore the world.